Materials including zirconium, titanium, thorium, and tungsten, as well as industrial minerals like diamonds, sapphire, and garnet, are found in heavy mineral sand deposits.
A typical mineral sand deposit has a modest grade - most ore deposits have a total heavy mineral (THM) concentration from the bulk sand of approximately 1% heavy minerals, however some deposits can be much higher.
Because mineral sand deposits vary so much, each processing system is tailored to the exact input material to be processed.
This will feature a variety of Picson mining equipment, such as the following
- Hydrocyclones for material classification
- Dewatering systems for the washed ore
- Jigs and spiral classifiers for gravity separation and concentration in advance of the magnetic separation phase
- Power Cycle thickener for primary stage water treatment and recycling
- Filter press for dewatering of concentrate and tailings management